Laine Weatherford Schmelzer
Laine Schmelzer practices in DGC’s Trial and Appellate group in our Austin office, focusing on oil and gas litigation and commercial litigation. She represents both plaintiffs and defendants in lawsuits involving oil and gas leases, title disputes, contracts, trusts, product defects, and a variety of other civil matters.
- Texas, 2022
- Supreme Court of Texas, Law Clerk for Justice Jeffrey S. Boyd, September 2022 – August 2023
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX
- J.D., 2022
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Organizations: Texas Law Review (Articles Editor, Volume 100)
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Master of Arts in Rhetoric, 2019
- Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, OK
Bachelor of Arts in English/Writing, 2018
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Organizations: Oklahoma Christian University Journal of Historical Studies (Senior Editor), Soundings Literary and Visual Arts Journal (Administrative Director), Sigma Tau Delta (President) University Chorale.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member, State Bar of Texas